Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Patience


Bring on Summer!!! 

Yeah...that's Parker jumping off the trampoline and into the pool. I know...not too safe...but it's summer after all!!


Which brings me to the topic of this post. I like walking in the morning. I like starting the day on a productive note and having the walk give me the energy to do something productive. In the past summer was getting up slowly..drinking coffee...getting on the computer...getting back in bed..etc. 


I so want to be more alive and active! So far I am. It's amazing being part of a lifestyle change. I think I'm slowly morphing into something new, different, and better. As I walked this morning I tried to think about having patience. Walking Jack is what got me active, but he never used to smell everything like he does now. He's more comfortable with the walk and wants to check things out and I'm ready to go fast fast fast. I've got to have patience. 


Just like with a lifestyle change. It must come slowly. It must be a constant change though. It must not happen occasionally, but constantly. For instance, I've learned that I can't just eat well 5 days a week and expect any weight loss. It's got to be 7 days of being on target. I can't walk a couple days a week. It's got to be constant. It takes patience to see results, but when you do...it's worth it. As they say...patience is a virtue..and virtue won't hurt you! 

No comments: