Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Bye Bye

This is the official weekly checkin for my diet, errrr lifestyle change, aka Weight Watchers. It's going very well. I realize I need to journal food and have boundaries set, and exercise is kind of fun right now. Oh and necessary. I'm officially down 3.5 lbs. I'll take it.  Enough about that....that's soooo boring to talk about. :) 

What is exciting to me is that I got a new friend!!!!! She doesn't have a name. I think it's a she, not even sure about that..but I like her. 
It's a Townie Balloon 3i.
EASY to ride and let me tell you...cutttteeeeee...dorky, but cute. 
When I bought her the manager asked if I would be interested in a ladies bike group. 
They ride four times a year and wear silly hats. 
At first I was like...oh brother...but I found myself saying..YES sounds like fun. 
Who am I and where is my old self? 

We rode around the neighborhood yesterday. I was using different muscles and it was hard, but oh so much fun. This morning I've committed myself to a 8.5 bike mile ride with Parker through some greenbelt trails. I told him I might have to stop now and then. 
Ask me in January when I couldn't even walk because of my back and I would have laughed at you all the way to bed!!!! 
Now I'm stepping out of my comfort zone and pretending I'm young!!!! Bye bye old me. Right now I'm rediscovering the old gal whose been stuck in here too long!! 


No comments: