Saturday, January 3, 2009

Happiness is. . .


a day off. I'm thinking to myself as I sit and here and chat online with my sister,  I could really do this all day. I love when I'm in the mood to play the computer and I have time to do it!! I don't love when I'm in the mood to play on the computer and I have to leave to go to work. I say this because Monday is back to school for me. I like my job. In fact when I'm there I like and want to be there. It's usually the thought of having to get ready and GO that I hate. So I'm very aware today is the last Saturday of my vacation. The last of my relaxed state. The last bit of peace before teaching my students how to write an analysis essay over To Kill a Mockingbird (sounds exciting doesn't it?) and yes, trying to make it a pleasant and meaningful experience for them and then begin the dreaded semester test. Therefore,  I have to balance everything: teaching, my own son(also a 9th grader), and my personal life and its obligations. SO, one way to do it is to try and relax on the weekends...and this new machine will help me do just that....
I got this for Christmas from my husband. It was totally unexpected. I love making margaritas when I entertain and this will make it much easier and quicker. It's a Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker.  My son also likes me to make pina coladas for him and his friends....sans alcohol of course.  So I'm sure it will be used often. I'm thinking tonight I'll use it maybe to celebrate the end of the last late night of Christmas Break. Who knew relaxing could taste so good!! 

No comments: