Monday, January 5, 2009

I Got Sucked In



to the Twilight frenzy. I only did it because several of my female students were appalled that I hadn't read it yet. For the last two years every student I've seen reading it couldn't put it down. I'd see them with Twilight, then New Moon and so on. So I just had to see what all the fuss was about. I promised them I'd read it over Winter Break, and it was "ok." I can see why young girls like it. I admit when I was younger I'd have loved it. You know...good girl falls for the "bad" guy. Sigh..makes for a great love story. The only problem is now I HAVE to read the rest of the series now to find out what happens to Bella and Edward. But what I SHOULD read is something from my "To Read" stack that is just waiting for me at my bedside.
  But then again, who knew I'd get hooked on a book my students are hooked on! 

No comments: