Friday, January 9, 2009

Molly and Me









When ever I come home from work, no matter what, Molly is there to greet me. She will follow me around all night until we go to bed. Yes, I'm the one that feeds her and gives her special treats. But I like to think it's just because she likes me best. I can count on her to be there when I take a nap and still be there when I get up. She won't let me out of her sight, unless she is sure she isn't going to miss something important. We got Molly aftey our yellow lab, Macy died. Parker and I went to the animal shelter for a puppy,but they had very few to choose from and we didn't want a HUGE dog which is all they had for puppies, so we checked out the older dogs. We found one we liked, but he wasn't good with kids, another one had to be outside all the time, and another one didn't like to be around other dogs. So as were were getting discouraged and leaving, we went down one more area we had missed. We rounded the corner and there she was with her feet up on the cage, saying, "Here I am. Pick me!" and so we did. She is part border collie and part we don't know. She was 1.5 years old when we got her so now she is 9 years old and has the herding instinct and a mind of her own. Molly is passionate about "cookies," walks, and squirrels. She is my girl and I love snapping pictures of her :)

No comments: